Saturday 24 January 2009

Its been a while......




I hadn't realised how long it had been since my last post here until I noticed Dave's blog link list ...oooops...6 months or something maaaaad lol
Since I last posted we've moved into the new place, had Christmas and are settling down.

LOVE living here- thought I'd show a few pics taken recently in the cold and the rain here in our paddock where the chickens live, very different images to those taken during my earlier posts on the blog.

Before Christmas I was asked to submit a few samples to Stampotique Originals rubber stamps in Arizona(see main blog for links etc) and so along with my usual style of working with perspex, and multi layering I did some simple makes, one of which used the photo taken from the front of the house.





I'm hoping to start journaling lots of texture and pattern inspiration from the garden, getting back to my textile roots again using this type of thing...



I've been taking part in the RSPB Big Garden Birdwatch which takes place this weekend and amongst the usual Robins, Coal Tits and Jays we've had a BARN OWL!!(if you have speakers play the sound effect- nearly threw me off my chair rofl) AND!! AND!! this morning I was watching our resident Green Woodpecker when he/she was joined by ANOTHER one!! WE HAVE TWO!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited lol (yes I know, I need to get out more lol) . Dave did a post on the Owl and the Woodpecker/s (no pussycat or peagreen boat available at the time of writing lol) on his blog.
So...all in all, the Snowdrops are popping up through the grass, loads of wildlife (foxes stroll through the garden) and the trees are budding again. Can't wait to get planting all the vegetables :0)

6 comments:

joanne wardle said...

you are so lucky to get all those birds, did I tell you that we are on the "flight path" of red kites which have been bred close to us, it's awesome (and I actually mean awesome) standing under a circling red kite

Anonymous said...

I have been reading 'Stigs' blog - and never 'connected that one to you - as I have been reading your art blog.

Yes you do have a different slant - and both yours and 'Stigs' blog compliment each other.

I adore your card using the background photo from your garden it make is so unique doesn't it.

I love your garden - you are living my dream for me.

So I will take great pleasure in sitting down, and soaking up an artist's view of her wonderful land - and Stig the labourer's point of view -should be a very intersting summer!

Caroline Moore said...

I love the sounds of birds too Jo, i keep feeding them just so i can sit at my kitchen table and watch them flutter around the feed. Take lots of piccies of textures for your textiles lol - I need them lol. I love the photo of the trees you used, amazing how you can incorporate it so easily to your artwork.

Laurie in MN said...

Hi Jo. Welcome back to your blog. The house must be wonderful for your son. The wildlife sounds fantastic to see and hear. I look forward to seeing cards made with the photos. I take photos of different textures with the intent to use for cards but lack the creativity to actually make anything.
And I like the background photo card you made. I agree with Carrie, you make it look easy.

Sonya said...

Pleased to read you are happy in your new home. Love your photos and card, very clever!

Don said...

Your photos of your place in the rain are beautiful. I can imagine the wildlife you have around you. It sounds like you have lots of foxes in the UK. We have loads here, but they are very wary and I only see them (twice in 5 years) 200 yards away. They are so graceful.

Your art is inspiring, keep at it!

I think the Stig needs to build someone a studio...